On Saturday 10 February Professor Mota and the students at Atos Brisbane hosted a seminar by 2 x IBJJF No Gi, Josh Hinger.
Josh Hinger is an American born Brazilian Jiu Jitsu athlete who earned his black belt from Professor Andre Galvao.
Josh is known for his dynamic style of Jiu Jitsu and has a submission coloquially named after him, the “Hingertine”.
His major accomplishments include the following:-
- 2017 IBJJF Adult Blackbelt Middleweight Nogi World Champion
- 2017 ACB 85kg Nogi Grand Prix Champion
- 2017 IBJJF Adult Blackbelt Weight and Absolute Nogi American National Champion
- 2016 IBJJF Adult Blackbelt Medium Heavyweight Nogi World Champion
- Ranked #3 best finisher of 2017
- Ranked #5 best finisher of 2016
For those who were lucky enough to attend the seminar, Josh shared some of his favourite submissions and techniques, including his world renowned Hingertine. The seminar spanned 3.5 hours and was jam packed full of tips and tricks to sharpen the students’ game.
We are very grateful for Josh’s time and thank Josh, Professor Mota and all those who attended for making the seminar possible.
Stay tuned for the next special guest we will host at Atos Brisbane!